Overview of Key Features
Raid Multi Purpose Insect Killer is manufactured by Johnson Wax Nigeria ltd, with factory located at Isolo Industrial Estate, Lagos State. The insecticide comes in various brands. However, the most common brand in Nigeria is the multipurpose insect killer. It is available in 500ml. Active ingredients of this insecticide are Allethrin, Tetramethrin, And Deltamethrin.
- I have personally noted that it kills insects faster than some other brands in the market.
- Insects hiding in crevices within the room are also affected. Cockroaches are usually found dead in places you never imagined.
- The odour dissipates quickly after spraying, leaving a pleasant smell in the room.
- Available in most stores and supermarkets in Nigeria
- Like in all aerosols, the use of highly flammable ingredients like propellants increases risk of domestic fire, if carelessly handled.
- All its active ingredients – allethrin, tetramethrin, and deltamethrin – have been shown to have adverse effects directly on human health, though in rare measures. They are however highly toxic to cats and aquatic lives. So for cat owners, you may need to be very careful when using your insecticides with your cat around.
General Cautionary Tips
- As much as possible, the use of insecticides should be as few and far between as possible. It is better to apply other preventive measures that will keep both flying and crawling insects away from your home.
- The use of insecticides should not be the primary means of protecting yourself an family against malaria. Other harm-free measures like the use of mosquito nets, making sure all exit doors and windows are properly shut, especially when the sun begins to set and keeping your home free from mosquito breeders like stagnant water and refuse should form your primary strategy. Insecticides can come sparingly, when for instance, you mistakenly leave the door or windows open.
- Please always read the instruction on the container. They usually contain useful information and warnings.