Overview of Key Features
Mortein Odourless Multi-Insect Killer is an Australian brand of household insecticide owned by Reckitt Benckiser, with factory located at Ogun State . The insecticide comes in various brands in Nigeria. However, the one under review is mortein odourless multi-insect killer,available in convenient 300ml.
- Like the name, mortein odourless multi-insect killer is actually an Odourless Insecticide. the spray specially developed to be kind to sensitive nose and for those who prefer
- Mortein odourless multi-insect killer protects against small crawling insects
- Mortein odourless multi-insect killer gets rid of mosquitoes, house flies, cockroaches and others without air pollution
- Mortein odourless multi-insect killer is readily available in most stores and supermarkets in Nigeria
- You have to spray mortein odourless multi-insect killer directly on large insects such as cockroaches to have any meaningful effect. Insects hide in crevices and dark corners in the house. As such, the idea of spaying directly on insect to have any reasonable effect is not very efficient.
- Weakens, rather than kill mosquitoes.
- Like in all aerosols, the use of highly flammable ingredients in mortein odourless multi-insect killer like propellants increases risk of domestic fire, if carelessly handled.
- One of the active ingredients of mortein odourless multi-insect killer, Imiprothrin, has been shown to have effects directly on human health. It irritates the skin and eyes. It is also highly toxic to cats. So for cat owners, you may need to be very careful when using your insecticides with your cat around.
General Cautionary Note
- As much as possible, the use of insecticides should be as few and far between as possible. It is better to apply other preventive measures that will keep both flying and crawling insects away from your home.
- The use of insecticides should not be the primary means of getting rid of mosquitoes. Other harm-free measures like the use of mosquito nets, making sure all exit doors and windows are properly shut, especially when the sun begins to set and keeping your home free from mosquito breeders like stagnant water and refuse should form your primary means. Insecticides can come sparingly, when for instance, you mistakenly left the door or windows open.
- Please always read the instruction on the container. They usually contain useful information and warnings.