Overview of Key Features
Hi Flier is a prepaid package that enables customers who subscribe to data plans of 200MB & above to enjoy a discounted calling rate of 18K/s to ANY network in Nigeria.
The followings are the key features of this tariff:
- Flat rate 18 kobo per second to call ANY network in Nigeria
- Rate applies after subscription to a data plan (phones, tablets or modem) of 200MB and above
- Enjoy 5MB free browsing every day.
- 35 hours weekly free night calls upon recharge of N200 in previous week; and
- N4 SMS charges in Nigeria
In my opinion, this tariff is designed to increase data subscription rate on the network and the major difference between this plan and the G-BAM HI 5IVE is the 200MB data subscription as pre-requisite for enjoying the flat rate of 18kobo per second to all networks.
- A very laudable effort at promoting data usage amongst GSM subscribers in Nigeria by the offer of free 5MB daily.
- Flat Rate of 18kobo per second to ALL networks in Nigeria is comparatively reasonable
- For those subscribers who are data inclined and savvy, this plan indeed offers “an unbeatable browsing experience and a pocket friend calling rate”.
- This plan of course, is most suitable for the comparatively small percentage of subscribers who are data savvy and inclined. For majority of subscribers who’s GSM usage is limited to just calls and SMS, this plan is not desirable.
- It is my candid view that any attempt at increasing data subscription rate on the network should begin with improvements in the quality of service. If this priority is straightened out, they would not need a call/SMS tariff plan to get more subscribers on their data plan.
- The relevance of the daily 5MB free data is in question, considering the fact that a minimum of 200MB is already a requisite feature of the plan.
A detailed list of the data plan for smartphones, tablets, Blackberry, modems and routers can be seen HERE.