Overview of Key Features
G-Bam Hi 5ive offers subscribers the opportunity to enjoy talking, SMS and data. The followings are the key features of this tariff:
- Make calls to 5 Special Glo numbers at 5kobo per second.
- Enjoy 5MB free browsing every day.
- Flat rate 18 kobo per second to call ANY network in Nigeria
- 35hours weekly free night calls upon recharge of N200 in previous week; and
- N4 SMS charges in Nigeria
- A very laudable effort at promoting data usage amongst GSM subscribers in Nigeria by the offer of free 5MB daily. It is however not stated if this free 5MB is predicated on a daily or weekly recharge limit.
- Flat Rate of 18kobo per second to ALL networks in Nigeria is comparatively reasonable
- Reduced call rate (5kobo per second) to 5 special Glo numbers will assist small and medium businesses with inter and intra communications.
- I think one of the obvious short-falls in Glo tariff plans is the insufficient information contained on their website about these plans. Information not clearly stated (either deliberately or mistakenly) on the website will not give subscribers enough grounds to make informed decision on the choice of plan to subscribe to. That takes me to my second point.
- Migrating to this plan may not be free of charge. You may be charged the sum of N5 (either a daily rental or one-time fee). This information is conspicuously missing on the G-BAM HI 5IVE page of Glo website.
- Like I always stated, predicating the so-called “free” night calls on previous minimum recharge completely undermines its purpose. Whatever you attach cost conditions to is no longer “free”. If you expect me to use a minimum of N200 airtime in the previous week to enjoy 35 hours “free” night calls, then it is no longer free. At best, it is highly discounted, but definitely not free.