First Bank Nigeria Plc is planning an upgrade of its platform that will affect service to its customers nationwide. in a release about 18 hours ago on their facebook and twitter pages, they informed customers nationwide that all branches will be closed from 12pm on Thursday, June 6, 2013 until 8am, on Monday, June 10. All over the counter services will not be available during this time.
In addition to the above, the following services will be affected:
- POS Transactions: Will not be available during this period
- Transaction Alerts will not be available during this period.
- Card Services will not be available via Quick Teller and the Web. Quick teller and Web transactions can only be performed using our Visa Prepaid Card Services.
- All transactions that will impact on the banking platform e.g. settlements, inter bank (RIGS, NEFT, FIP) inflows will not be available.
More so, ATM Services will only be available until 5pm on Sunday, June 9 and will be restored at 6am, on Monday, June 10. Similarly, Online Banking will be available until 5pm on Sunday, June 9 and will be restored at 6am, on Monday, June 10.
However, the following services will be available during this time:
- Balance Inquiry
- Cash Withdrawal
- Cash Deposit (on applicable ATMs)
- Intra Account Transfer (Self accounts)
- Intra-bank Account Transfer (Third party transfer within FBN)
- Mobile Money Services will be available all through the disruption period. Mobile Money Services include:
- Send money to Phone from Phone
- Send money from ATM to Phone
- Withdraw Money from Agent and ATM
- Make Purchase from agents registered with FirstMonie
- Value Added Services (VAS) e.g. wallet balance check, Change Pin, Invite a Friend
Customers are also advised to note that from 5pm on Sunday June 9, all alternative channels will not be available for use. All services will be restored by Monday June 10. Branches will open as usual by 8am on Monday June 10.
Customers are advised to please ensure that they do not reveal their online banking password(s), token number(s) and ATM PIN(s) to a third party. They are warned not to open online links, respond to suspicious calls, mails or letters requesting your banking details. These messages are fraudulent and are not from FirstBank.
For all enquiries call:
FirstContact 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228) Tel: 01-4485500 ; 0708-062-5000
SMS short code: 30012